Vitolo ends Atlético talk by agreeing new Sevilla deal
The 26-year-old is to pen a one-year extension to his contract at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán, it was confirmed on Saturday.
Sevilla winger Víctor Machín Pérez, known as Vitolo, has agreed terms on a new contract with the LaLiga side, it has been announced.
Atlético linked with Sevilla man
The news ends recent speculation over a move away from the Europa League holders, with Atlético Madrid coach Diego Simeone rumoured to be keen on a swoop for the 26-year-old.
Player commits until 2020
In a statement published on their official website, Sevilla confirmed on Saturday that Vitolo is to sign a one-year extension tying him to the outfit until 2020.
The Spain international, who joined the Andalusians from Las Palmas in 2013 and is now the club's longest-serving player, has also been handed an improved pay packet.
Sevilla have not confirmed whether Vitolo's renewed contract includes an increase to his release clause, although it is believed it will be upped from 25 to 35 million euros.
"I'll carry on growing as a person and a footballer here"
Reacting to the agreement, Vitolo said: "I'll carry on growing as a person and as a footballer here, because everything that makes me and my family happy is in Seville.
"This great city, this great team and this great family make us feel that the place for us is right here."
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?