Sevilla sign Uruguayan central defender Cristian González
González will fly to Seville on Saturday to undergo a medical. The 20-year-old central defender will sign a five-year deal from Montevideo-based outfit, Danubio.
Sevilla have agreed terms to sign 20-year-old centre-back Cristian González who is set to sign a five-year deal, Eduardo Pisoni, director at Montevideo-based outfit Danubio confirmed to EFE. Danubio reserve a 5% cut of the player's wages but no details of the transfer fee have been disclosed.
González will fly to Spain on Saturday to undergo a medical revision. The young defender made his debut in the Uruguayan top flight in March last year when he also played for the first time in the Copa Libertadores.
He was part of the Uruguay Under-20 side which took part in last year's FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand, in which the Celestes were eliminated at the Last 16 stage on penalties by Brazil.
Noted for his strength and pace, González Pisoni, says Pisoni is a player very much in the mould of Atlético de Madrid's José María Giménez.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022