—Madrid isolate Benzema's injury: an inflamed sacroiliac joint
The Frenchman was injured during the pre-season and reappeared as a sub in the European Super Cup final but that only aggravated his issues. Real Madrid v. Málaga live online
Real Madrid have issued a medical report in which they outlined the physical problems which striker Karim Benzema has been struggling to overcome. According to the club, Benzema is suffering inflammation to one or both of the sacroiliac joints, which is the reason behind his back pains. Zinedine Zidane has not been given a date for the player's return.
Benzema fell injured during the pre-season and reappeared as a second half sub in the European Super Cup final but that only aggravated his back problems.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona