—Madrid isolate Benzema's injury: an inflamed sacroiliac joint
The Frenchman was injured during the pre-season and reappeared as a sub in the European Super Cup final but that only aggravated his issues. Real Madrid v. Málaga live online
Real Madrid have issued a medical report in which they outlined the physical problems which striker Karim Benzema has been struggling to overcome. According to the club, Benzema is suffering inflammation to one or both of the sacroiliac joints, which is the reason behind his back pains. Zinedine Zidane has not been given a date for the player's return.
Benzema fell injured during the pre-season and reappeared as a second half sub in the European Super Cup final but that only aggravated his back problems.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend