Atlético loan Velázquez to Sporting Clube de Braga
Velázquez joined the Rojiblancos from Danubio in the summer of 2014 and spent the last two seasons on loan at Getafe.
Atlético de Madrid and Sporting Clube de Braga have annpunced that Uruguayam defender Emiliano Velázquez will spend the new season with the Portuguese club in a loan deal but without the option to buy the player once the arrangement ends.
Velázquez joined the Rojiblancos from Uruguayan Primera División side Danubio on a five-year deal in the summer of 2014 and spent the last two seasons on loan at Getafe where he made 39 league appearances and scored four goals. El Indio completed the pre-season with Atlético and the club feel now is the moment for him to take a step up which is why has been farmed out to a club who are taking part in this year's Europa League.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"