Óliver and Diogo Jota are in Porto's orbit - reports
Portuguese sports paper 'O Jogo' claims that the arrival of the Atleti youth team graduate - a one-year loan with a purchase option, will be announced in the next few hours.
Portuguese sports daily O Jogo have Óliver Torres on Saturday's front cover and lead with a story that the Atlético youth graduate is on the point of returning to Porto. They report that both clubs are imminently expected to announce the deal, in which Porto will take the midfielder on loan with the option to buy him in June next year.
The 21-year-old is deemed surplus to requirements by Diego Simeone despite being handed the number 10 shirt at the start of last season, he ended up making 13 appearances in the league.
According to O Jogo Óliver might not come on his own. Diogo Jota is also on Porto's wants list to reinforce the team for the new season. The 19-year-old impressed last season at Paços de Ferreira, scoring 14 goals in 35 games but he hasn't convinced Simeone that he deserves to stay - even after finding the net in the pre-season meeting with Crotone. Atleti's backroom staff are looking for an outlet for the teenager and Leganés have been the most interested in taking him on for the new campaign but Porto have the attraction that they could be in European competition if they can get past Roma in this week's Champions Leagu Play-Off return leg which is poised at 1-1.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The new Super League is born: all the details of the announcement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: 20 teams, two leagues of 10, knockout stages – the controversial competition's format
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: reaction, participating clubs, UEFA statement... | Latest news
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?