Bravo skips Barça training, City move in the pipeline
The Chile keeper's transfer to the Etihad is all but sealed, with a fee of between 20 and 25 million euros expected to change hands.
Claudio Bravo’s move to Manchester City will be officially confirmed next week. Although Barcelona offered the Chile keeper a new two-year deal to remain at Camp Nou, Bravo has elected to link up with Pep Guardiola, a firm admirer, at the Etihad. Bravo was allowed to miss training on Sunday morning after playing what will surely be his last game for the club in the 6-2 victory over Betis on Saturday.
Bravo explained to the club that he did want to play just in the cup competitions this season, as Marc-André Ter Stegen did last year. The move has not yet been officially rubber stamped but it should go through next week for a fee of around 20 to 25 million euros. Bravo joined Barcelona two years ago at the petition of the club’s assistant coach, Juan Carlos Unzué, and leaves having won two Liga titles, a Club World Cup and a Spanish Supercup. In Barça’s successes in the Champions League and Copa del Rey, Ter Stegen was in goal.
80-million Ter Stegen
Guardiola had expressed his interest in Ter Stegen but the German’s minimum release clause of 80 million euros proved prohibitive. Bravo had been his first choice since then, the Chilean’s distribution a vital component of how Guardiola wants City to play.
Barcelona expect to finalise a deal for Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen in the next few days for a fee of around 13 million euros. With the Dutch keeper and Ter Stegen at Camp Nou Luis Enrique’s goal will be covered, although Cillessen may have to play second fiddle with the German keen to be number one in La Liga and Europe.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?