Atlético Madrid held by Alavés in exciting finish at Calderón
Kevin Gameiro looked to have won it for Atleti with a last-gasp penalty, only for Manu García to stun the hosts with an even later leveller. Alavés-Barcelona live
Atlético Madrid had to settle for a 1-1 draw at home to Deportivo Alavés after a crazy finish to their LaLiga week 1 game at the Vicente Calderón on Sunday.
Spoils shared after two stoppage-time goals
Diego Simeone's side won a debatable penalty three minutes into added time when Víctor Laguardia was adjudged to have fouled Fernando Torres.
Summer signing Kevin Gameiro stepped up and netted from the spot, and looked to have handed Los Rojiblancos all three points.
But there was still time for Manu García to equalise for the newly-promoted visitors with their first shot on target of the evening.
Sporting defeat Athletic, Madrid win in San Sebastián
Earlier in the day, Sporting Gijón beat Athletic Club 2-1, while Real Madrid saw off Real Sociedad 3-0 at Anoeta.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?