After captaining Brazil to Olympic gold this weekend, Barcelona star Neymar absolutely lost it with a critical fan during his side's lap of honour at the Maracana.
A visibly furious Neymar confronted the fan and took part in a heated exchange, with the Brazilian needing to be restrained by security and teammates. The video was published on the Instagram account of the magazine Ceara (@revistaceara).
It was far from a smooth ride to gold for Brazil. Neymar was roundly criticised and Brazil booed off as they were held to 0-0 draws by South Africa and Iraq in their opening two games. One young boy's decision to scratch out Neymar's name on the back of his shirt to replace it with captain of the Brazil women's team Marta went viral.
"Now they'll have to swallow what they said," said Neymar after the penalty shootout win in the final over Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mbappé vs Bayern Munich Part 2: Champions League in numbers
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Transfer talk: Lingard attracts attention from Real Madrid, PSG, Inter...
- NBA Heat Check: Miles Bridges leads depleted Hornets, down week for Dame
- SERIE A "I can reach Haaland's level": Vlahovic's unstoppable rise
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos tests positive for Covid-19, Real Madrid confirms
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility