Odegaard dropped to under-21s by Norway for qualifier
"Martin can play two games with the under-21s and get some good training in there," said Norway coach Per-Mathias Hogmo.
Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard has been left out of the Norway squad for the World Cup 2018 qualifying match against Germany and a friendly against Belarus in the upcoming round of international fixtures.
Odegaard, who spent last year at Castilla and spent the pre-season with Zinedine Zidane’s senior squad, has instead been called up for the under-21s, who play Bosnia-Herzegovina and England in qualifiers for the European Championship at that age level.
"Thinking about Germany"
“We selected the squad thinking about the game against Germany,” said Norway manager Per-Mathias Hogmo. “Martin can play two games with the under-21s and get some good training in there.”
"We believe in Martin"
Hogmo denied that Odegaard’s proposed loan move to Stade Rennais had influenced his decision. “Martin is a player we really believe in, I think everyone knows that. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.”
Norway face Germany, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan and San Marino in Group C of qualifying for the World Cup in Russia.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?