Odegaard dropped to under-21s by Norway for qualifier
"Martin can play two games with the under-21s and get some good training in there," said Norway coach Per-Mathias Hogmo.
Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard has been left out of the Norway squad for the World Cup 2018 qualifying match against Germany and a friendly against Belarus in the upcoming round of international fixtures.
Odegaard, who spent last year at Castilla and spent the pre-season with Zinedine Zidane’s senior squad, has instead been called up for the under-21s, who play Bosnia-Herzegovina and England in qualifiers for the European Championship at that age level.
"Thinking about Germany"
“We selected the squad thinking about the game against Germany,” said Norway manager Per-Mathias Hogmo. “Martin can play two games with the under-21s and get some good training in there.”
"We believe in Martin"
Hogmo denied that Odegaard’s proposed loan move to Stade Rennais had influenced his decision. “Martin is a player we really believe in, I think everyone knows that. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.”
Norway face Germany, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan and San Marino in Group C of qualifying for the World Cup in Russia.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx