Higuaín hits back at 'fat' jibes: "Keep saying it, I'll keep scoring"
Juventus' record signing scored the winner for his new club against Fiorentina this weekend and addressed criticism over his weight: "I've never doubted my qualities"
Gonzalo Higuaín, Juventus’ €90 million summer signing, has been the subject of a controversy surrounding his weight ever since his arrival in Turin in July. However, this weekend Higuaín hit back at his critics who say he’s a little bit on the porky side, scoring Juve’s winner against Fiorentina in the first game of the Serie A season.
After the game, Higuaín finally spoke out. “Fat? It’s best if you keep saying it before every game, because then I’ll keep on scoring.”
"The criticism doesn't interest me"
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri handed the Argentinian striker his official debut against Fiorentina, although not until the 66th minute, when he came on for Mandzukic. However, Higuain remains relaxed and is keeping deaf ears to his detractors. “The criticism doesn’t interest me,” he said. “I’ve never doubted by quality.”
Despite not starting the game, the number ‘9’ said he couldn’t have asked for much more from his debut. “It was a night I’d always dreamed of.”
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"