CELTA 0 - 1 LEGANÉS
Leganés toast their top flight debut with a win
Asier Garitano's side recorded their first ever win in Spain's top division with a 1-0 victory over Celta with right-back Víctor Díaz scoring the team's first goal on their debut.
As debuts go, it was a memorable start for Leganés. After gaining promotion twice over a three-year spell, the Madrid-based outfit finally made their first ever appearance in Spain's top division and did so in style with a 0-1 win over a side who are in this season's Europa League - Celta de Vigo at the Galician side's stronghold Balaídos, one of the toughest grounds in the land. For the hosts, it was their first game without Nolito,and the damage was done by a player who spent a season in their reserves, Víctor Díaz - a right-back who has entered the history books as the forst plaer to score for the Pepineros in Spain's division of honour.
The game was locked in stalemate until minute 75 when a short corner was flicked on to Díaz to steer past Sergio Álvarez. The result leave Lega just outside of the European places after the first weekend of action and ahead of their first home game in the top tier, against city rivals Atlético on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?