Boateng becomes 6th player in history to score in top 4 leagues
Las Palmas player Kevin-Prince Boateng has now scored in Spain, England, Germany and Italy after finding the net against Valencia on his debut
Kevin-Prince Boateng joined a very exclusive club last night when he scored on his official debut for Las Palmas against Valencia.
In finding the net in his new side’s 4-2 win at the Mestalla, the Ghanaian became only the 6th player in history to score in Europe’s top four leagues (England, Germany, Italy and Spain).
The other players to score in the Premier League, Bundesliga, Serie A, and La Liga are Florin Raducioiu, Gica Popescu, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Pierre Womé and Obafemi Martins.
Shock move to Las Palmas
Boateng – who is an Italian league and cup winner with AC Milan, as well as a Carling Cup winner with Tottenham Hotspur – made a shock move to Las Palmas from Milan this summer.
Having started out at Hertha Berlin, the player had spells at Spurs, Borussia Dortmund, Portsmouth, and Schalke, the latter of which rescinded the player’s contract last year for disciplinary reasons. Boateng returned to AC Milan in January, where his six-month term ended in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Modric first Ballon d'Or holder to miss shortlist
- FOOTBALL Barcelona pay Atlético €15m as peace offering over Griezmann
- BARCELONA Barcelona in Atlético first-refusal deal; Sául, Giménez included
- Champions League Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo targets another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Carragher apologises to Evra for Luis Suárez T-shirts
- Copa Libertadores Boca Juniors vs River Plate: how and where to watch: times, tv, online