Casillas to play in 18th consecutive Champions League
The Spanish keeper, who's won the trophy three times, will continue his love affair with the competition this season after Porto's progression to the group stages
Iker Casillas will prolong his love affair with the Champions League for yet another season after his Porto side overcame Roma 3-0 in a playoff for the group stages.
The 2016-17 edition of the tournament will be the 18th consecutive year that the Spanish goalkeeper participates in Europe’s top club competition, and Casillas, who has won the trophy on three occasions, made some decisive interventions as the Portuguese side beat Roma at the Stadio Olimpico to advance from the two-leg playoff.
Porto’s qualification for the Champions League group stages (which will be drawn on Thursday) throws up the possibility that the former Real Madrid captain could return to the Bernabéu this season if Porto are pitted against Los Blancos in the same pool.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check today: when to expect, Biden relief plan and IRS payment | Live updates
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what tributes and memories have been shared?
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what's known about the helicopter crash?
- REAL MADRID Sales and loan deals see Madrid generate €102M for Mbappé
- FOOTBALL 'Daniel Agger' arrested in Moscow protests
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic close to goals milestone ahead of Milan derby