Casillas to play in 18th consecutive Champions League
The Spanish keeper, who's won the trophy three times, will continue his love affair with the competition this season after Porto's progression to the group stages
Iker Casillas will prolong his love affair with the Champions League for yet another season after his Porto side overcame Roma 3-0 in a playoff for the group stages.
The 2016-17 edition of the tournament will be the 18th consecutive year that the Spanish goalkeeper participates in Europe’s top club competition, and Casillas, who has won the trophy on three occasions, made some decisive interventions as the Portuguese side beat Roma at the Stadio Olimpico to advance from the two-leg playoff.
Porto’s qualification for the Champions League group stages (which will be drawn on Thursday) throws up the possibility that the former Real Madrid captain could return to the Bernabéu this season if Porto are pitted against Los Blancos in the same pool.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?