Casillas to play in 18th consecutive Champions League
The Spanish keeper, who's won the trophy three times, will continue his love affair with the competition this season after Porto's progression to the group stages
Iker Casillas will prolong his love affair with the Champions League for yet another season after his Porto side overcame Roma 3-0 in a playoff for the group stages.
The 2016-17 edition of the tournament will be the 18th consecutive year that the Spanish goalkeeper participates in Europe’s top club competition, and Casillas, who has won the trophy on three occasions, made some decisive interventions as the Portuguese side beat Roma at the Stadio Olimpico to advance from the two-leg playoff.
Porto’s qualification for the Champions League group stages (which will be drawn on Thursday) throws up the possibility that the former Real Madrid captain could return to the Bernabéu this season if Porto are pitted against Los Blancos in the same pool.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?