Casillas to play in 18th consecutive Champions League
The Spanish keeper, who's won the trophy three times, will continue his love affair with the competition this season after Porto's progression to the group stages
Iker Casillas will prolong his love affair with the Champions League for yet another season after his Porto side overcame Roma 3-0 in a playoff for the group stages.
The 2016-17 edition of the tournament will be the 18th consecutive year that the Spanish goalkeeper participates in Europe’s top club competition, and Casillas, who has won the trophy on three occasions, made some decisive interventions as the Portuguese side beat Roma at the Stadio Olimpico to advance from the two-leg playoff.
Porto’s qualification for the Champions League group stages (which will be drawn on Thursday) throws up the possibility that the former Real Madrid captain could return to the Bernabéu this season if Porto are pitted against Los Blancos in the same pool.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side