Leverkusen midfielder Çalhanoglu on Atleti's radar
"It's true, there is interest," says the 22-year-old Turkey international's agent. Leverkusen will not make a sale easy as he is a key player.
Bektas Demirtas, the representative of Leverkusen midfielder Hakan Çalhanoglu, has confirmed that Atlético Madrid are considering a move for his client. In quotes to Kicker, Demirtas said: “It’s true that there is interest… but nothing concrete.”
Leverkusen will not make it easy for Atlético to sign Çalhanoglu. The 22-year-old Turkey international is one of the Bundesliga club’s prized assets. He scored eight in 46 games last season and is a specialist free-kick taker who scored against Atlético in the last 16 of the Champions League in 2014-15. Çanhanoglu has 20 caps for his country and scored the latest of his six international goals in a 2-1 victory over England in May.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona