Leverkusen midfielder Çalhanoglu on Atleti's radar
"It's true, there is interest," says the 22-year-old Turkey international's agent. Leverkusen will not make a sale easy as he is a key player.
Bektas Demirtas, the representative of Leverkusen midfielder Hakan Çalhanoglu, has confirmed that Atlético Madrid are considering a move for his client. In quotes to Kicker, Demirtas said: “It’s true that there is interest… but nothing concrete.”
Leverkusen will not make it easy for Atlético to sign Çalhanoglu. The 22-year-old Turkey international is one of the Bundesliga club’s prized assets. He scored eight in 46 games last season and is a specialist free-kick taker who scored against Atlético in the last 16 of the Champions League in 2014-15. Çanhanoglu has 20 caps for his country and scored the latest of his six international goals in a 2-1 victory over England in May.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?