Sunderland to snap up Atlético full-back Javier Manquillo
The canterano, who spent last season at Marseille, will sign a loan deal with an obligatory purchase clause if he plays 25 games for the Black Cats.
Javier Manquillo is set to sign for Sunderland on a season-long deal. The Atlético right back will travel to the north of England on Wednesday to undergo a medical with the Premier League side to finalize a deal that contains an obligatory purchse clause if the 22-year-old makes more than 25 appearances for the club. The fee for that transfer has been set at 16 million euros, Mundo Deportivo reported.
Manquillo has some Premier League experience after spending 2014-15 on loan at Liverpool, where he made 19 appearances in all competitions. Last season he was at Marseille, where he featured 42 times under Míchel, often on the left. Despite spending the pre-season with Diego Simeone’s squad, the arrival of Sime Vrsaljko from Sassuolo has completely shut the door on Manquillo’s chances of game time at the Calderón.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments