Ever thought you’d see a Real Madrid shirt decked out in the claret-and-blue striped style of fiercest rivals Barcelona? Impossible, most would say. Yet thanks to an Adidas competition which allows ordinary fans to design Los Blancos’ third kit, some people are attempting to make the inconceivable conceivable.
That is because one of the most popular designs in terms of votes right now is a Real Madrid shirt with Barcelona’s azulgrana colours. After the end of the voting period, a panel of judges (which will contain a player from the club) will choose their favourite from the 100 best voted designs to become the team’s official third strip for the 2017/18 season.
Catalan flag design
While the competition has inspired thousands of Real Madrid fans over the world to come up with their own kit ideas, it has also inevitably caught the attention of mischief-making Barcelonistas. One rabble-rousing fan has even gone as far as superimposing the Real Madrid badge on the flag of Catalonia as his entry.
Thankfully for Real Madrid, the club will have a say on which strip they ultimately choose, so seeing the Merengues run out in Catalan colours next season seems as unlikely as ever!
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?