Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué has ridiculed Real Madrid’s “easy” passage to the Champions League final last season in a question and answer session on his official Twitter page.
After inviting followers to ask him questions with the hashtag #askPique, one fan enquired about his preferences for the Champions League draw which takes place on Thursday. Pique, who’s been known to throw a taunt or two at Real Madrid through social media, didn’t hesitate in responding with a thinly-veiled gibe at Barcelona’s major rival.
“Easy Group. Second Round v 3rd best Italian team, Quarters against 8th best German team, Semis against 4th best English team. Second-leg always at home,” mocked Pique in his tweet.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Modric first Ballon d'Or holder to miss shortlist
- FOOTBALL Barcelona pay Atlético €15m as peace offering over Griezmann
- BARCELONA Barcelona in Atlético first-refusal deal; Sául, Giménez included
- Champions League Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo targets another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Carragher apologises to Evra for Luis Suárez T-shirts
- Copa Libertadores Boca Juniors vs River Plate: how and where to watch: times, tv, online