Alcácer asks Valencia for transfer to Barcelona
The striker communicated his wish to leave Valencia on Wednesday, with chairman Layhoon Chan now expected to allow his move to Barcelona to go through
Paco Alcácer has told Valencia that he wants to leave the club and be sold to Barcelona. The striker made his intentions clear on Wednesday afternoon in a meeting with Valencia president, Layhoon Chan, who had earlier said that he wouldn’t negotiate with the Spanish champions until the player himself had communicated his desire for a transfer.
Barça chief Josep María Bartomeu and Valencia owner Peter Lim reached a verbal agreement over the operation earlier this month, but it was Chan who had been holding up the deal, saying publicly that the “we don’t want to sell Alcácer”.
€35m plus Munir
However, it now seems the deal is back on and if negotiations go smoothly then the 21-year old striker could be a Barcelona player by the end of the week. As Bartomeu and Lim are reported to have agreed previously, Valencia will receive €30m for Alcácer, plus an extra €5m in add-ons, as well as the arrival of Munir in the other direction.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA GALAXY Nick Lima doesn’t believe Chicharito will make a difference
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer not fearing for job ahead of Tranmere trip
- BARCELONA Barcelona top dogs claim the team is confused and disorganised
- BARCELONA Barcelona to sign a striker as a smokescreen to placate fans
- Rumour Has It: PSG interested in Aubameyang amid Barcelona links
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega