Jasper Cillessen completes Barcelona move
The Dutch goalkeeper flew directly to Barcelona from Russia and was photographed outside the Camp Nou offices this morning. His buy-out has been set at 60M euros.
Barcelona announced the signing of Jasper Cillessen shortly after midday on Thursday. The Dutch goalkeeper, who was part of the Ajax team which was knocked out of the Champions League by Rostov last night, took a direct flight to Barcelona straight after the game and arrived in the early hours of this morning. Cillessen was taken to the Ciutat Esportiva to undergo a medical before his transfer was confirmed by the club. The player actually beat Barça to it, by changing his profile on his personal Instagram and Twitter accounts.
According to the club's official statement issued shortly afterwards, Barça have paid Ajax a 13 million euro fee for Cillessen who joins on a five-year contract. His buy-out has been set at 60 million euros.
The 27-year-old will be presented between 11:00 hours and midday tomorrow at Camp Nou and will give his first press conference as a blaugrana in the Ricard Maxenchs press room at 12:30.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus US banks business hours from 6 to 12 July: Citi, Wells Fargo, Bank of America
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”