Atlético announce Manquillo’s loan move to Sunderland
Los Rojiblancos confirmed the season-long loan to the Premier League club, who hold the option to make the move a permanent four-year deal.
Atlético Madrid officially announced that Javier Manquillo will play for the Premier League side Sunderland next season. The 22-year-old right-back joins the Black Cats on a season-long loan, which includes a an option for Sunderland to seal a four-year deal worth in the region of 15 million euros, which would be triggered if the defender plays more than 25 games.
Manquillo makes a return to the Premier League, where he played the 2014-15 season on loan with Liverpool, playing 10 league games and 19 in all competitions for the Reds.
The player from the Atlético ranks finds himself on loan for the third campaign in a row after representing Olympique de Marseille last season, playing in 42 games, mostly on the left flank. That said, this season’s deal could definitive in an operation that shares similarities with Óliver Torres at Porto.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League The Sun: Raul Jimenez is in Arsenal’s radar
- Liga MX Liga MX is one of the top 5 most important leagues in the world
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS David Beckham’s Inter Miami looking to make six signings
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca