Atlético announce Manquillo’s loan move to Sunderland
Los Rojiblancos confirmed the season-long loan to the Premier League club, who hold the option to make the move a permanent four-year deal.
Atlético Madrid officially announced that Javier Manquillo will play for the Premier League side Sunderland next season. The 22-year-old right-back joins the Black Cats on a season-long loan, which includes a an option for Sunderland to seal a four-year deal worth in the region of 15 million euros, which would be triggered if the defender plays more than 25 games.
Manquillo makes a return to the Premier League, where he played the 2014-15 season on loan with Liverpool, playing 10 league games and 19 in all competitions for the Reds.
The player from the Atlético ranks finds himself on loan for the third campaign in a row after representing Olympique de Marseille last season, playing in 42 games, mostly on the left flank. That said, this season’s deal could definitive in an operation that shares similarities with Óliver Torres at Porto.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win