UEFA Goal of the Season: Barça's Leo Messi scoops award
The 29-year-old Barcelona ace came out on top in the voting for his Champions League group-stage effort against Roma last November.
Barcelona star Leo Messi has been named as the winner of the 2015/16 UEFA.com Goal of the Season award for his strike against Roma during last term's Champions League.
Messi takes the prize, chosen by users of the European governing body's official website, ahead of Portuguese futsal player Ricardinho, with Xherdan Shaqiri's Euro 2016 overhead kick for Switzerland coming third.
Dinked finish to a great team move
The Argentine scooped 34% of the votes cast for his group-stage effort against the Italians in November, which saw him round off a fine team move with a deft finish.
The goal, Barça's second of the night, helped Luis Enrique's men to a 6-1 victory over the Giallorossi at the Camp Nou.
Champions League draw
The 2016/17 Champions League group-stage draw takes place this evening (18:00 CEST), with the recipient of the Best Player in Europe award also revealed at the event in Monaco.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: $1,200, $2,000 or $6,000 - how much would it be?
- LALIGA How to watch LaLiga games free in the UK in June
- Coronavirus: This season is meaningless – Di Livio against Serie A restart
- Coronavirus | USA How does the Twitter fact-check policy work and why was it used against Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: What is a Money Network Card? Is it a scam?
- Coronavirus | USA Washington DC reopening: what shops and businesses will open?