Manuel Pellegrini to join CSL side Hebei China Fortune
The 62 year Chilean coach is off to the Chinese Super League after being replaced at Manchester City by Pep Guardiola.
Go to Barcelona-Athletic Live
Manuel Pellegrini was named earlier today as new first team coach of Hebei China Fortune, who are currently fifth place in the CSL.
The 62 year old who worked in Spain with Villarreal, Malaga and Real Madrid, was without a club after the arrival of Guardiola at Manchester City forced the Chilean out.
Pellegrini embarks on an adventure in one of the world's emerging leagues with the club's economic muscle being able to attract players such as Ezequiel Lavezzi, Gervinho and French midfielder Gael Kakuta.
The coach will oversee his first game for the Chinese outfit on September 10 when they fave current leader's Guangzhou Evergrande at home.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension