Nano signs off from Tenerife in tears to join Eibar
The striker, who hit 14 goals in 45 games for the islanders, broke down as he gave his farewell press conference.
Alexander Mesa Travieso or 'Nano' as he is known, signed off from Tenerife today with tears rolling down each cheek. The 21-year-old centre-forward will be taking a step up in his career, leaving second division football to test himself in the top flight with Eibar, who have agreed a 3.2 million euro fee for the player, who scored 14 goals in 45 games for the islanders last term.
This afternoon, and with his family present for support, he couldn't hold back the tears as he said an emotional goodbye: "I told the club that I wanted to leave so that I could improve my game, knowing that they wanted to offer me a new contract", Nano said, "I didn't want to let this opportunity pass me by, to thank this club for everything they have done for me. I am happy - and sad, to be leaving but I have always wanted to take a step forward in my progression as a player. Even though I am leaving, I will always carry this club badge in my heart. My team mates understand; they'll support me wherever I am. I told them how bad I felt about leaving the team in a moment like this".
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: how long does it survive on objects and surfaces?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: 10,000 health workers in Spain have contracted Covid-19
- CORONAVIRUS Praying with the Pope, 'Urbi et Orbi' during coronavirus
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: 7 types of human coronavirus
- Covid-19 'The Flu', 'Pandemic' and other coronavirus related films on Netflix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's quarantine period comes to an end