Nano signs off from Tenerife in tears to join Eibar
The striker, who hit 14 goals in 45 games for the islanders, broke down as he gave his farewell press conference.
Alexander Mesa Travieso or 'Nano' as he is known, signed off from Tenerife today with tears rolling down each cheek. The 21-year-old centre-forward will be taking a step up in his career, leaving second division football to test himself in the top flight with Eibar, who have agreed a 3.2 million euro fee for the player, who scored 14 goals in 45 games for the islanders last term.
This afternoon, and with his family present for support, he couldn't hold back the tears as he said an emotional goodbye: "I told the club that I wanted to leave so that I could improve my game, knowing that they wanted to offer me a new contract", Nano said, "I didn't want to let this opportunity pass me by, to thank this club for everything they have done for me. I am happy - and sad, to be leaving but I have always wanted to take a step forward in my progression as a player. Even though I am leaving, I will always carry this club badge in my heart. My team mates understand; they'll support me wherever I am. I told them how bad I felt about leaving the team in a moment like this".
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 | ROTHEN Mbappé attitude under scrutiny amid Pochettino comments
- PORTUGAL Pepe recalls landing in Portugal from Brazil: "Have you anything to eat? I don't have any money..."
- NBA Lakers cruise as Bucks, Celtics extend winning streaks
- NBA James Harden confident about Durant, Irving connection: "We're all unselfish"
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman's Super Cup plans depend on Messi
- CORONAVIRUS What's the difference between the third stimulus check & Biden's rescue plan?