Lucas Vazquez: “It was a hot night and it was tough going”
The winger said after the match that the heat was a big factor in the match against Celta but also praised the Galicians' performance.
Young winger Lucas Vazquez spoke with the press after the hard-fought 2-1 win over Celta de Vigo at the Bernabeu this evening and suggested that the hot weather caused Real Madrid problems.
“It was a very tricky game against an opponent that plays good football,” said Vazquez, who picked out Toni Kroos for Madrid’s winner in the 81st minute. “It was a hot night and maybe that’s why we found it tough going. Obviously we’ve got to make our home stadium into a fortress and anything less than a win isn’t good enough.”
He was also drawn on the future of his teammate James Rodriguez, the subject of widespread transfer speculation after seeing his playing time reduced under Zinedine Zidane.
“I don’t think this was James’ last game, but we’ll see what happens,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRANSFER STORIES PSG preparing huge offer for Guardiola
- REAL MADRID Zidane has got goals coming from everywhere
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "Chelsea can't always depend on Abraham for goals"
- Premier League Raul Jimenez out to make history with Wolverhampton
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool not greatest team yet, says Solskjaer
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Haaland "happy" and "relaxed" after Dortmund hat-trick debut