Real Madrid round-up: Modric, Isco, Mariano, international break...
All the latest Real Madrid news from in and around the Santiago Bernabeu.
The Croatian international was suffering after the game as a result of an accidental stamp the midfielder received from Celta winger Bongonda. The player is set to have tests on the ankle today before deciding if he will travel to join up with the Croatian international side.
Speculation is growing in the UK that the Benalmadena born player could be set for a move to English Premier League side Tottehnam Hotspur. A one season loan deal with a later option to buy is being suggested. The club yesterday issued a communique that the player was suffering with an ankle problem.
11 years unbeaten in league openers at home
With the 2-1 scoreline last night against Celta, Madrid extend their opening home debut unbeaten run to 11 years. 2005 was the last time that Madrid fell at home in their first league game at the Santiago Bernabeu, coincidentally losing 2-3 to last nights opponents Celta Vigo.
Last night was a special occasion for Mariano Díaz Mejía "Mariano" with the Dominican making his Real Madrid first team debut. The 23 year old substituted Alvaro Morata in the 78th minute of last nights LaLiga match.
Zidane has given his players two days off after their exertions last night at the Bernabeu. The French coach will also be without 14 squad players as they join up with their respective international squads ahead of the World Cup qualifiers.
Te recomendamos en English
- Spain Luis Enrique return handled perfectly, explains Rubiales
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City post record revenue according to report
- Tottenham Mauricio Pochettino leaves Tottenham Hotspur
- GIMNASIA LP Diego Maradona no longer manager at Gimnasia LP
- SERIE A Kluivert: De Ligt regrets picking Juventus over Barcelona
- REAL MADRID Skriniar's agent: "I can see him going to Real Madrid"