João Mário shatters transfer record in Inter move
Portugal's international midfielder João Mario has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Lisbon for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced.
Portugal international midfielder João Mário has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Clube de Portugal for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced on Sunday.
In a statement the club said Saturday the deal was "a record figure for a transfer of a Portuguese Primeira Liga player" - exceeding previous deals for Renato Sanches, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho and Fábio Coentrão.
Mário, 23, an attacking midfielder, was part of the Portugal side which won Euro 2016 in France in July and has been capped 18 times for his country.
Te recomendamos en English
- Borussia Dortmund-PSG PSG ultras detained on border by German police
- Concacaf Club Leon: “Carlos Vela is the best Mexican soccer player right now”
- Premier League Raiola indicates Pogba open to Man Utd contract extension
- Dortmund v PSG Neymar starts for PSG against Borussia Dortmund
- MLS Inter Miami’s stadium is ready to host Los Angeles Galaxy
- Concacaf Club America will put their best players against Comunicaciones