João Mário shatters transfer record in Inter move
Portugal's international midfielder João Mario has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Lisbon for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced.
Portugal international midfielder João Mário has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Clube de Portugal for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced on Sunday.
In a statement the club said Saturday the deal was "a record figure for a transfer of a Portuguese Primeira Liga player" - exceeding previous deals for Renato Sanches, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho and Fábio Coentrão.
Mário, 23, an attacking midfielder, was part of the Portugal side which won Euro 2016 in France in July and has been capped 18 times for his country.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema leads Cristiano Ronaldo in goal participation
- BARCELONA Barcelona out of sorts: 16 injuries in three months...
- REAL MADRID Zindane's inclusive policy
- BUNDESLIGA Hoeness: Some Bayern Munich players wanted Kovac out
- Premier League "Mesut Özil should be the cherry on the cake, but..." - Tony Adams
- YouTube fight KSI loss not real for Logan Paul as YouTubers fight in the ring