João Mário shatters transfer record in Inter move
Portugal's international midfielder João Mario has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Lisbon for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced.
Portugal international midfielder João Mário has joined Inter Milan from Sporting Clube de Portugal for a record 45 million euros (£38.3, $50.3), the Lisbon-based club announced on Sunday.
In a statement the club said Saturday the deal was "a record figure for a transfer of a Portuguese Primeira Liga player" - exceeding previous deals for Renato Sanches, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho and Fábio Coentrão.
Mário, 23, an attacking midfielder, was part of the Portugal side which won Euro 2016 in France in July and has been capped 18 times for his country.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online