Following Zidane's confirmation that James Rodríguez will not be leaving the Bernabeu in the current summer market has moved the spotlight to Isco with Real Madrid directors agreeing at the beginning of August that they would entertain offers for the midfielder.
According to UK based media, Madrid have received a formal offer from North London side Tottenham Hotspur for the player who has had little protagonism in pre-season and in the opening LaLiga encounters. The 24 year old played for 67 minutes of the Uefa Super Cup final against Sevilla in Norway and was used by Zidane for just 17 minutes of the season opener in San Sebastian against Real Sociedad last weekend. He was ruled out of yesterday's squad due to an ankle problem according to an official club communique.
'Spurs' have been following the day to day situation closely involving both James Rodriguez and Isco and have a positive relationship with the Spanish side following the transfers of both Luka Modric and Gareth Bale to the Spanish capital in recent years. A season long deal with a later option to buy has been cited as the mechanic that could see Isco playing his football at White Hart Lane.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale