Mariano: "I've got until December to earn my place"
After making his Liga debut in the victory over Celta on Saturday, Real's Dominican striker has his eye on winning a regular role in the side.
Mariano Díaz made his Liga debut in the Bernabéu on Saturday night in the 2-1 victory over Celta but despite impressing Zinedine Zidane during pre-season the Dominican forward knows that he has four months to convince his manager that he should remain in the first team squad.
"I talked to Zidane and decided to stay"
“I am here to work hard and give everything I can to the team. Staying here at Madrid is a dream come true and I have until December to work hard and earn my place in the team, by helping the team as much as I can. I talked to Zidane and I decided to stay. I want to fight for my place in this team. I’m here to give what the coach wants,” Mariano said.
“I’ve dreamed of this day ever since I was a kid,” he added of his senior debut. “Now it’s become a reality.”
Mariano also revealed that Zidane had congratulated him after the game and told him to “carry on like that.”
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"