Jémez: “The club must consider whether I’m the right man”
“I was Las Palmas’ best player,” said the dejected coach after his side crumbled to a 5-1 defeat in Gran Canaria.
Granada coach Paco Jémez was despondent in the post-match press conference after his side’s crushing 5-1 loss to Las Palmas this afternoon, describing himself as “Las Palmas’ best player.”
Such was his disgust at the result that he even went as far as considering his position at the club after just two league games. “The club has to think about whether I’m the right man for the job and whether I should continue,” he said.
Jémez shifted the blame away from his players: “I can’t blame the lads. I got a lot of things wrong; I committed almost every error you could think of.”
“I’m completely responsible for this,” he continued, adding that he would make things as easy as possible for the club if it decided to make a change. “I understand that the team is my responsibility. When a manager gets things so wrong you really expose your team and your players.
"We’re just two weeks into the season and we’re light years away from showing that we deserve to play in this league. The club needs to decide whether to make a change. I’ll make things as easy as possible because perhaps a change in the dugout is what’s needed.”
Granada equalized on the stroke of half-time through Jeremie Boga after Nabil El Zhar had given the home side a 23rd minute lead but were overrun in the second half. Goals from Kevin-Prince Boateng, Momo, Sergio Araujo and a second from El Zhar gave Las Palmas a 5-1 win and put them top of the table on goal difference. The Canarians are the league’s top scorers with 9 goals in just 2 games after putting 4 past a sorry Valencia side last weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?