Javier Flaño set to miss the rest of the season
The Osasuna full-back tore a cruciate knee ligament during his side’s home loss to Real Sociedad on Saturday.
Osasuna defender Javier Flaño is likely to miss the rest of the season after tearing a cruciate ligament in his left knee. Flaño was substituted after just 7 minutes of Osasuna’s home loss to local rivals Real Sociedad on Saturday after suffering the injury.
Flaño underwent tests at Pamplona’s University Clinic where the club’s worst fears were confirmed. The Navarre native, now in his second spell at his home town club, suffered a total tear of the ligament as well as damage to his meniscus.
The defender will undergo surgery in the next couple of days and though the club’s medical staff have not put a timeline on his recovery he is expected to be out for between 6-8 months.
The loss of Flaño, whose brother Miguel is captain at El Sadar, will come as a bitter blow to the club as they look to fend off relegation after promotion from the second tier. Enrique Martín’s side currently sit in 15th with one point from two games.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022