Cesc Fabregas is looking for a new club in hope of a move before the transfer window closes on Wednesday night following reports that he has no future at Chelsea under new manager Antonio Conte.
The Spanish international has allegedly been branded ‘too lazy’ for Conte’s system and is now heading for the exit at Stamford Bridge having been almost ever-present for the Italian’s predecessors Jose Mourinho and Guus Hiddink.
The season has not started well for the former Arsenal and Barcelona star. Fabregas was not named in new Spain coach Julen Lopetegui’s first squad for the upcoming fixtures with Belgium and Liechtenstein and was left out of Chelsea’s convincing 3-0 win over Burnley on Saturday.
Speculation in Italy, however, suggest that his future may lie at Inter Milan. Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Chelsea are keen to include Fabregas as a makeweight in a bumper offer for midfielder Marcelo Brozovic who starred for Croatia at this summer’s European Championships.
Inter have spent big in this transfer window in the hope of returning to the Champions League. Euro 2016 winner João Mário, Italian international Antonio Candreva and former Sevilla midfielder Ever Banega have all joined Frank de Boer’s squad in recent weeks and if reports are to be believed Fabregas could be the latest addition.
Chelsea are not alone in their admiration for Brozovic, however. Juventus are also interested following Paul Pogba’s move to Manchester United. A bid of €25 million has been touted though Inter are unlikely to consider selling for such a low figure.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Umtiti and Junior fit to return for Barcelona at Eibar
- International football Bulgaria-England: Balakov quits as fallout from clash continues
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'