Paris Saint-Germain could be the last club to make a multi-million-euro move for a star signing in what remains of the transfer window. Unai Emery’s side have fixed their gaze on Wolfsburg and Germany attacking midfielder Julian Draxler and are not going to spare the pennies in trying to sign the 22-year-old. So far this summer PSG have spent 75 million euros on players, with Grzegorz Krychowiak the most expensive addition at 35 million, compared to an outlay of 116 million last season and 136 the season before.
75 million euro offer
According to German outlet Kicker, PSG are ready to smash those splashes with a 75-million-euro offer for Draxler, which would break the big-spending club’s transfer record. PSG shelled out 65 million euros to sign Edinson Cavani from Napoli, the current most-expensive signing the club has made, and 63 million to land Ángel di María from Manchester United.
Real Madrid and Manchester United interest
Wolfsburg are not keen on letting Draxler leave after signing him for 36 million euros from Schalke just last summer, but PSG’s offer could be difficult to refuse. Draxler is one of the brightest talents in Europe and has attracted interest from Real Madrid and Manchester United, among others.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"