Sevilla’s Director of Football Monchi could be set for a surprise swoop: Manchester City’s out-of-favour attacking midfielder Samir Nasri.
Reports published by French newspaper L’Equipe suggest that Monchi has set his sights on Nasri, a player deemed surplus to requirements at the Etihad and who is likely to struggle for time under new boss Pep Guardiola. Besiktas were believed to be close to securing a loan deal for Nasri but Sevilla could be set to steal a lead in negotiations.
With just days left before the end of the transfer window, the Spanish club are yet to finalize their squad for the upcoming season. With negotiations with Sunderland for the transfer of midfielder Vicente Iborra ongoing after an initial bid of €8 million was rejected and a number of clubs across Europe said to be interested in Steven N’Zonzi, Sevilla are keen to bolster Sampaoli’s midfield.
Nasri, who has performed inconsistently in recent seasons, can line up both in the centre of the park and out wide.
- Luis Suárez3Goals
- Sergi Roberto157Passes
*Update 29 de agosto de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Odegaard leaves Valverde in the shade
- JUVENTUS Weston McKennie thrilled to make Juventus debut
- BARCELONA Barcelona target Sergiño Dest close to signing for Bayern Munich
- PREMIER LEAGUE Thiago Silva: I joined Chelsea to win the title, not for a taste of the Premier League
- BARCELONA Arturo Vidal: "I will always carry Barça in my heart"