Borja Viguera all set for Sporting de Gijón switch
The 29-year-old striker will join on a two-year deal although Athletic Club will have the option of recovering him in June next year.
Borja Viguera has joined Sporting de Gijón on a two-year contract although Athletic Club have reserved the right to bring him back to San Mamés, if they want, after the first year. The Basque club will also pay a percentage of the player's wages during his time at El Molinón. Viguera, who watched Sunday's game against Barça from the stands, passed a medical revision this morning and will be officially unveiled in Gijón tomorrow.
Another player who is only his way out of Athletic is Kike Sola - although he will be only go out on loan. Valverde has made it clear that there is no place for him in the current side and the idea is to find a LaLiga side who can make room for a forward - if not a Liga 1 2 3 club could be sought. Sola's bad loan experience at Middlesbrough, where he only played 45 minutes, coupled with the fact that he has hardly figured for the Bilbaínos during the previous two and a half years, means that his options are limited. The player is keen to return to his first club, Osasuna but that looks unlikely. Local media in Navarra reports that Sola has been offered to Osasuna in part exchange for winger Alex Berenguer but that is not entirely true. If Berenguer does join Athletic this week, it will be for a flat fee and will not involve Sola.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"