Chelsea close to signing former Real Madrid man Marcos Alonso
The Premier League side are looking to boost the left-back position with another Spanish player. Fiorentina are asking for 25 million euros.
Chelsea and Fiorentina have moved closer to closing a deal to bring defender Marcos Alonso to London. The left-back is keen for a move to the Premier League club before the transfer market closes on 31 August in a move reported to be worth 25 million euros.
Marcos Alonso has become a regular starter for Fiorentina and Antonio Conte wants to bring in competition on the left for Azpilicueta after Baba Rahman joined Schalke 04 on loan.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport a talks are at an advanced stage, with the 25-year-old already expressing his wish to join the Blues in a five-year deal worth three million euros a year.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend