Chelsea close to signing former Real Madrid man Marcos Alonso
The Premier League side are looking to boost the left-back position with another Spanish player. Fiorentina are asking for 25 million euros.
Chelsea and Fiorentina have moved closer to closing a deal to bring defender Marcos Alonso to London. The left-back is keen for a move to the Premier League club before the transfer market closes on 31 August in a move reported to be worth 25 million euros.
Marcos Alonso has become a regular starter for Fiorentina and Antonio Conte wants to bring in competition on the left for Azpilicueta after Baba Rahman joined Schalke 04 on loan.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport a talks are at an advanced stage, with the 25-year-old already expressing his wish to join the Blues in a five-year deal worth three million euros a year.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Isco in the midst of another baffling season at Real Madrid
- CHELSEA Lampard looking at the bigger picture with Pulisic
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract