Italy manager Ventura: "Marco Verratti isn't happy at PSG"
"In Paris, Verratti is playing behind the strikers, which isn’t the correct position for him. He’s a playmaker," said the Italy coach of his midfielder.
Marco Verratti missed the European Championship through injury but has been included in the latest squad by incoming coach Giampiero Ventura.
During his press conference ahead of Italy’s matches against France and Israel, Ventura let slip that the midfielder is becoming disenchanted with life in Paris: “Verratti isn’t happy at PSG,” the Italian tactician said. “He doesn’t play in his position. It’s a shame because he’s a fantastic player.”
Verratti has yet to contradict his coach’s statement and renewed his contract with the Ligue 1 champions a month ago amid interest from Real Madrid.
However, the arrival of midfield reinforcements in the imposing shape of Grzegorz Krychowiak and the traffic jam in the middle of the Parc des Princes with Thiago Motta, Blaise Matuidi and Adrien Rabiot vying for a place leaves Verratti often on the bench or out of position. So far this season the Italian hasn’t played the full 90 under Unai Emery.
“In Paris, Verratti is playing behind the strikers, which isn’t the correct position for him. He’s a playmaker,” noted Ventura.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA Skills Challenge: which players will participate in the 2021 edition?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Does NBA League Pass include NBA All-Star 2021?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming & when it could pass Senate vote, IRS tax return | Live
- 2021 TAX FILING Has the IRS already started refunding tax return 2021?
- NFL Denver Broncos: Stay locked on Drew or hand keys to a rookie QB?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How to claim a missing stimulus check on your 2020 tax return