Joe Hart's agent confirms keeper's Torino loan switch
The Manchester City stopper will become the first English keeper to play in Serie A in completing his move to Torino after falling out of favour at the Etihad.
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has joined Serie A side Torino on loan until the end of the season, the player's agent confirmed on Tuesday.
The 29-year-old has been out of favour at Manchester City since the arrival of new manager Pep Guardiola and dropped to number three in the pecking order behind 17 million pound signing Claudio Bravo and Willy Caballero.
Hart's agent Jonathan Barnett told Tuttosport: "Yes, Joe Hart will play at Torino. It's done. "He has said 'yes' to the club and now Manchester City have given the OK. It's all true, it's certain."
Hart is on international duty with England this week but has been given permission to fly to Italy to resolve his future with the British media reporting that he was due to arrive in Turin later on Tuesday.
First English keeper in Serie A
A loan move to Premier League Sunderland was also listed among his options in the media but Hart has opted for a new start in Italy, where he will become the first English goalkeeper to play in Serie A since the league began in 1929.
Torino thrashed Bologna 5-1 on Sunday and are seventh in the standings on three points after two matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale