Joe Hart's agent confirms keeper's Torino loan switch
The Manchester City stopper will become the first English keeper to play in Serie A in completing his move to Torino after falling out of favour at the Etihad.
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has joined Serie A side Torino on loan until the end of the season, the player's agent confirmed on Tuesday.
The 29-year-old has been out of favour at Manchester City since the arrival of new manager Pep Guardiola and dropped to number three in the pecking order behind 17 million pound signing Claudio Bravo and Willy Caballero.
Hart's agent Jonathan Barnett told Tuttosport: "Yes, Joe Hart will play at Torino. It's done. "He has said 'yes' to the club and now Manchester City have given the OK. It's all true, it's certain."
Hart is on international duty with England this week but has been given permission to fly to Italy to resolve his future with the British media reporting that he was due to arrive in Turin later on Tuesday.
First English keeper in Serie A
A loan move to Premier League Sunderland was also listed among his options in the media but Hart has opted for a new start in Italy, where he will become the first English goalkeeper to play in Serie A since the league began in 1929.
Torino thrashed Bologna 5-1 on Sunday and are seventh in the standings on three points after two matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién has a defensive problem he needs to fix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James can't find his place
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: 4 teams who won the league with 5 games to spare
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp: "Impossible to have the dominance United once had"
- REAL MADRID - SEVILLA Sevilla visit the Bernabéu on the back of 12 losses in a row there
- FOOTBALL Mourinho not happy with Conte for speaking publicly about Eriksen