Munir seals Valencia loan move from Barcelona
The club have the option of signing the forward on a permanent basis next summer for €12 million and have given him Paco Alcacer’s old number 9 shirt.
Just minutes after Barcelona officially announced the signing of Paco Alcacer, the club also released a statement confirming that young forward Munir El Haddadi has joined Valencia on loan for the rest of the season.
Munir, who will bolster los ché coach Pako Ayestarán’s forward line, was unlikely to feature much under Luis Enrique this season and was keen to secure more playing time with a move. Valencia will have the option of signing Munir on a permanent deal for €12 million at the end of the loan contract next summer while Barcelona have included a first refusal clause meaning that the Mestalla outfit would first have to offer him back to the club before selling him on in the future.
The official statement reads: “FC Barcelona and Valencia CF have reached an agreement for the loan of Munir for the 2016/17 season. The Valencian club will pay the player’s salary during this time. At the end of the loan period, Valencia CF will have the option of signing the player for a sum of €12 million. FC Barcelona maintains the right of first refusal in the case that Valencia sell him on.”
Munir will wear the number 9 shirt vacated by Paco Alcacer and will give Ayestarán more attacking options; he can play both out wide and through the middle. The versatile forward is currently on international duty with the Spain Under-21 squad and will arrive in Valencia next week but met with the club’s Sporting Director Suso García Pitarch today who presented him with his new shirt.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 4-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool's Rhian Brewster has “shown his talent” as Klopp looks to put faith in youngsters
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"