Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has joined La Liga side Sevilla on a season-long loan.
"It's been a pleasure thanks to everyone in the club and the fans for the five amazing years and wish you best of luck for the season," Nasri posted on social media as the deal went through on Wednesday.
Pep Guardiola had made it clear that Nasri didn’t enter into his plans at the Ethiad stadium ever since arriving in Manchester.
Konoplyanka makes way
Making way for the Frenchman’s arrival in Seville is Yevhen Konoplyanka, whose joins Schalke.
Nasri’s inconsistent form over the past couple of years has seen him fall out of favour at City and with the French national side. However, Nasri will be hoping to recapture some of the form at Sevilla that he showed during his Arsenal days and his first seasons at Manchester City.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Joan Jordan: "We will fight like animals against Real Madrid"
- REAL MADRID Mariano and Brahim frozen out as clock ticks on their departures
- ATLÉTICO MADRID PSG dressing room tries to convince Cavani to stay
- MANCHESTER UNITED Sporting coach: "Fernandes not worth the money you are talking about..."
- Rumour Has It: Sporting want €65m from Man Utd for Fernandes
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién calls bonding dinner for players and staff