Messi doesn't train with Argentina
Lionel Messi didn't train with his Argentinean team-mates during the first session for the World Cup runners-up at the facilities in Ezeiza, as they prepare to face Uruguay on Friday for a World Cup qualifier.
Messi travelled despite advice not to
Messi is suffering from a groin strain, and travelled to join up with the Argentina side despite advice from Barcelona doctors not to do so.
During today's training session the striker limited himself to chatting to Edgardo Bauza, the new coach, and the man who persuaded Messi to change his decision to retire from international football.
Messi back with Argentina
Argentina have another training session this afternoon, however Messi is being monitored by the national side's team of physios. They'll decide in the next couple of days whether he is fit to face Uruguay in Mendoza. The most important thing for Argentina, that Messi didn't retire, has already been achieved.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live