Messi doesn't train with Argentina
Lionel Messi didn't train with his Argentinean team-mates during the first session for the World Cup runners-up at the facilities in Ezeiza, as they prepare to face Uruguay on Friday for a World Cup qualifier.
Messi travelled despite advice not to
Messi is suffering from a groin strain, and travelled to join up with the Argentina side despite advice from Barcelona doctors not to do so.
During today's training session the striker limited himself to chatting to Edgardo Bauza, the new coach, and the man who persuaded Messi to change his decision to retire from international football.
Messi back with Argentina
Argentina have another training session this afternoon, however Messi is being monitored by the national side's team of physios. They'll decide in the next couple of days whether he is fit to face Uruguay in Mendoza. The most important thing for Argentina, that Messi didn't retire, has already been achieved.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia