Messi doesn't train with Argentina
Lionel Messi didn't train with his Argentinean team-mates during the first session for the World Cup runners-up at the facilities in Ezeiza, as they prepare to face Uruguay on Friday for a World Cup qualifier.
Messi travelled despite advice not to
Messi is suffering from a groin strain, and travelled to join up with the Argentina side despite advice from Barcelona doctors not to do so.
During today's training session the striker limited himself to chatting to Edgardo Bauza, the new coach, and the man who persuaded Messi to change his decision to retire from international football.
Messi back with Argentina
Argentina have another training session this afternoon, however Messi is being monitored by the national side's team of physios. They'll decide in the next couple of days whether he is fit to face Uruguay in Mendoza. The most important thing for Argentina, that Messi didn't retire, has already been achieved.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: 20 January could be a key date for a new round of payments
- US Election 2020 Biden announces first nominations for White House cabinet
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in December?
- us news US Presidential Election & covid-19 updates: Trump, Biden, results, cases, latest news
- Champions League Juventus vs Ferencvaros: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- FOOTBALL Zlatan Ibrahimovic attacks EA Sports for using his image