Griezmann: "It's normal that Cristiano won the UEFA award"
“I was happy to represent France and Atlético Madrid. I want to return again and I’ll do everything possible to get it,” Griezmann said at a press conferenceQarabag vs Atlético Madrid
Antoine Griezmann spoke to the media at a France press conference on Tuesday, ahead of his country’s international friendly match against Italy later this week.
Asked about the UEFA Best Player in Europe prize, which Cristiano Ronaldo won ahead of Griezmann and Gareth Bale last Thursday, the Atlético Madrid striker said: “It’s normal that Cristaino won the trophy this season.”
"I want to return again..."
“I was happy to represent France and Atlético Madrid. I want to return again and I’ll do everything possible to get it.”
Real Madrid striker Ronaldo won the award with 40 votes, ahead of the seven received by Bale and eight received by Griezmann.
Varane and Gameiro
Griezmann also spoke about the return of Raphael Varane and Kevin Gameiro to the French squad. “I haven’t talked to him much, but we can see he’s content. It’s good for us,” he remarked about the Madrid centre-back.
“We’ve only played two games together,” added Griezmann on his Atléti teammate Gameiro. “We have to gain certain automatisms, but it’ll certainly be worth the effort to get to know each other more and it could be an advantage to play in the same club”
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Pochettino hopeful of having Neymar available for Coupe de France final
- BARCELONA Barcelona secure 500 million euro loan from Goldman Sachs
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit 2021: is there a maximum number of children who can receive payments?
- Champions League Manchester City to pay fans' travel costs for Champions League final
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Fulham: live
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Barcelona's Champions League win boosts women's football in Spain