The season has only just begun but Barcelona midfielder Rafinha says that he could leave the club if he continues to spend time on the bench.
Rafinha wants to play
The midfielder, who made his season debut as a substitute in Sunday’s win over Athletic Bilbao after winning an Olympic Gold medal with Brazil alongside club teammate Neymar in Rio, has told Catalunya Radio that what he wants most this season is regular playing time.
“I want to play for Barcelona but if I’m not given many minutes I’ll consider leaving because what I want most is to play,” he said during an interview. “The best thing for a footballer, the normal thing, is to want to be on the pitch. If that’s not here, there’s nothing wrong in going out on loan. But I’ll do everything I can to play for Barcelona.”
He also praised Munir’s decision to leave the club on loan for LaLiga rivals Valencia, a decision he feels mirrors his own experience just a few years ago when he decided to join Luis Enrique at Celta. “Leaving gives you more chances to play and that’s a good thing. That’s why Munir has taken the right decision,” he said.
An injury-free start to the season
Rafinha also discussed his recovery from the ACL tear he suffered in September last year that ended his season. “I lost the fear in my first game back,” he said. After beginning the season with a bang by winning Brazil’s first ever Olympic title, he’ll be hoping to stay fit to maximize his playing opportunities at the Camp Nou.
- Luis Suárez3Goals
- Sergi Roberto157Passes
*Update 30 de agosto de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?