Gnabry returns home
Bundesliga side Werder Bremen today announced the signing of Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry. The 21 year-old, who returns to his homeland after 5 years in England, was one of the stars of Germany’s Olympic campaign scoring 6 goals in 6 games.
Gnabry passed a medical at the club and is according to unconfirmed reports said to have cost Bremen €6 million. He came through the ranks at Stuttgart where he was considered one of the country’s brightest talents before swapping Baden-Württemberg for London and signing for Arsenal in 2011. Unfortunately, Gnabry’s Arsenal career never really got off the ground and he spent time on loan at West Bromwich Albion where he also failed to make an impact.
Bremen looking to improve on last season
However, he put himself back on the radar after making the most of his inclusion in Horst Hrubesch’s Olympic squad and now finds himself with the chance for a new start in the Bundesliga. Bremen will be hoping he can help them improve on last year’s 13th place finish, a campaign which saw them escape relegation on the last day of the season with an 87th minute win over Eintracht Frankfurt.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires