Mourinho making scouting a priority at Man Utd
José Mourinho has been shaking things up at Manchester United since he arrived this summer. The Portuguese coach has been changing the organisation at the club as he pleases, and his latest change comes at the same time as he deals a blow to Atlético Madrid.
Mourinho has signed Atleti's chief scout, Gerardo Guzmán, to join the scouting team at Old Trafford. Up to today, 31 August, Guzmán was in charge of finding young talent, under 23 years old, for Atlético Madrid.
Mou desperate to identify young talent first
Mourinho has made scouting one of his priorities at Manchester United, as he believes it's vital to be ahead of his European rivals in identifying and signing the best and brightest up-and-coming players.
Guzmán will join Kieran McKenna and Sandro Orlandelli at Old Trafford.
Atleti announce replacement for Guzmán
Despite the blow, Atlético have already responded, and have announced Guzmán's replacement, Natanael Cano 'Canito', who was sporting director at San Fernando, where he made contact with the Atlético hierarchy.
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami