Odegaard: "There's another window in January, so we'll see"
Speaking to the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, the Real Madrid youngster also declared: "One day I'll play with the first team."
Attacking midfielder Martin Odegaard has been one of the chief talking points surrounding Real Madrid in the closing stages of the summer transfer window.
Rennes loan off
The Norwegian, currently on under-21 international duty, saw a loan switch to Ligue 1 side Rennes scuppered due to FIFA regulations on underage players. Still 17, he can't be lent to a foreign club until he turns 18 in December.
This led to suggestions of a temporary move within Spain, but in the end Odegaard is to carry on playing for Castilla, Real's 'B' team - for the time being, at least.
"There's another window in January"
And in an interview with Dagbladet in his native country, the starlet was not shying away from the prospect of securing a loan deal when the winter window comes around.
"There's another transfer window in January," the former Stromsgodset star, who has nine Norway caps, explained. "So we'll see what happens during the year."
"I'll play in the first team"
He also spoke of his confidence that he'll go on to make the step up to Real's senior side, declaring: "One day I'll play with the first team."
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia