Odegaard: "There's another window in January, so we'll see"
Speaking to the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, the Real Madrid youngster also declared: "One day I'll play with the first team."
Attacking midfielder Martin Odegaard has been one of the chief talking points surrounding Real Madrid in the closing stages of the summer transfer window.
Rennes loan off
The Norwegian, currently on under-21 international duty, saw a loan switch to Ligue 1 side Rennes scuppered due to FIFA regulations on underage players. Still 17, he can't be lent to a foreign club until he turns 18 in December.
This led to suggestions of a temporary move within Spain, but in the end Odegaard is to carry on playing for Castilla, Real's 'B' team - for the time being, at least.
"There's another window in January"
And in an interview with Dagbladet in his native country, the starlet was not shying away from the prospect of securing a loan deal when the winter window comes around.
"There's another transfer window in January," the former Stromsgodset star, who has nine Norway caps, explained. "So we'll see what happens during the year."
"I'll play in the first team"
He also spoke of his confidence that he'll go on to make the step up to Real's senior side, declaring: "One day I'll play with the first team."
Te recomendamos en English
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK When could there be a new stimulus payment according to the experts?
- BARCELONA Official: Depay signs for Barcelona until June 2023
- FOOTBALL Kevin De Bruyne not too concerned by eye injury
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Mann 'not surprised' after taking Clippers to first Conference Final
- MLB Ohtani goes into Home Run Derby mode with two homers
- Euro 2020 Giroud makes history by gaining 100th cap for France