Morata retires injured from Belgium friendly
The Real Madrid striker asked to be substituted after feeling a sharp pain in his right leg during this evening's friendly. Diego Costa replaced him.
This evening's friendly against Belgium will be one which Real Madrid striker Álvaro Morata will trying to forget. In his first game under coach Julen Lopetegui - and ahead of both Diego Costa and Paco Alcácer in the starting line-up, Morata lasted just 23 minutes.
The striker signalled to the bench that he wanted to be taken off, complaining of pains to his right thigh after taking a knock. Before he retired to the changing rooms, Morata had a few words with Lopetegui on the touchline. Diego Costa came on to replace him. RFEF medical staff announced that Morata was taken off merely as a precaution and that the player was only suffering bruising which won't affect his availability for Monday's game against Liechtenstein.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid