BELGIUM 0-2 SPAIN
Lopetegui lauds performance as Spain beat Belgium
Spain coach Julen Lopetegui also said that Álvaro Morata, who was forced off in the first half in Brussels, was substituted "as a precaution".
Spain coach Julen Lopetegui spoke of his satisfaction with his side's display after defeating Belgium in Brussels in his first match in charge of La Roja.
"A good performance"
A double from David Silva handed the Spanish a 2-0 victory at the King Baudouin Stadium on Thursday night, and Lopetegui said: "We're happier with the account the lads gave of themselves than the result. It was a good performance."
The ex-FC Porto boss, who was appointed as Vicente del Bosque's replacement in July, continued: "The players showed a real willingness to work for the team, and the effect of that was clear to see. I think they enjoyed themselves."
Morata "has a knock"
On Álvaro Morata, who limped off midway through the first half in Belgium, Lopetegui said the Real Madrid striker had been substituted "as a precaution".
"He has a knock", the 50-year-old explained. "He felt like he might have picked up a muscle problem, but fortunately he hasn't."
Liechtenstein up next
Lopetegui's first competitive fixture at the helm comes on Monday as Spain host Liechtenstein in their opening World Cup 2018 qualifier.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby